Friday, July 11, 2014

7/11 - Devils Doorway

It's probably a good thing I still have a sprained ankle holding me back.

I decided to try something new, and joined up with the Madison Couchcrash trip to Devils Lake. It's an odd transition to give up personal freedom and explore with a group (sitting passenger in a car, even!), but in exchange I met lots of fun people. Actually, it was Stefon back in Kentucky who suggested the Couchcrash, and we all hiked around the lake.

Okay, I hiked the steep, fun, climbing half of it, and then needed to rest and elevate my not-so-healed ankle while waiting for a car pickup. I've probably delayed healing a few more days...but it's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Looking at your ride map, I think I've figured out your plan. You're doing a grand tour of the US as only an artist would. You're painting the country from east to west

    ReplyDelete