Wednesday, July 15, 2015

7/15 - Miles to Go


60 miles.

Joyride up Mount Tams. I have to admit I stole the idea from the SF Scooter Girls' three peaks ride, because I've already scooted Hamilton and Diablo. Moustafah, another GTS distance rider I met at the PostMods party joined in! What an absolutely stunning ride. The air alternates crisp and warm in patches as you weave through the trees, climbing the twisted road. When you finally break through the cloud cover, the sun beats down unobstructed, making you sweat. From the summit, landmasses and the city were partially obscured by SF's consummate neighbor, the fog. On the way back, you can see its tendrils reaching down the mountainside, like a living being. All within an hour of the city.

It was time for Pete to drop me off at the airport for my red-eye back to Pittsburgh – too soon, and yet not soon enough. I have a journey to complete.

1 comment: