Saturday, July 25, 2015

7/25 - Rally!


79 miles.

Ski's Shrimp Run holds a special place in my heart for being the first scooter rally I ever attended. I'd never heard of such and event, but saw a poster for it on a work visit to Portland, ME. I rode up by myself and camped, both experiences fairly new to me. I didn't know what to expect and didn't know anyone, but I put aside my fear and made friends. I can't tell you how happy I am to see many of them again here, two years later!

So this is how I would like to conclude my daily drawings: Revisiting the site of my first camping distance ride with fun scootery folks.

Very shortly after Ski's, I went farther, taking two days and camping along the way to go to the Curd Vintage Scooter Rally in Ottawa, ON. You could say it took.

In case you're curious, my first multi-day distance ride was from Providence, RI to Washington, D.C. in April of 2012.

That's all for drawing...for now!

1 comment:

  1. Stephanie, an epic end to an epic journey!

    I read your recent post on the travel blog thread on Modern Vespa where you mentioned the long distance travelers you met. Keep an eye on Stephanie Jeavons. She's in Mexico now, been heading north since Antarctica, riding a 250cc Honda dual sport. Meeting her would be amazing I think. Two 250cc superheros. Imagine that meet up! ;-)

    ReplyDelete