Somewhere between San Jose, Palo Alto, Oakland, and San Francisco, I managed to misplace my Satechi Bluetooth Remote. I use it to easily control music while riding, and occasionally as a remote camera trigger. Since my replacement would need a new Velcro backing anyhow, I decided to replace the peeling Velcro on my scooter handlebars with Matt's suggestion of VHB tape – very high bond by 3m. Photos behind the cut.
|A bit of Goo Gone on the old Velcro strip, and my left handlebar plastic is like a virgin again.|
|Apply the sticky stuff. Industrial strength this time.|
|The transparent layer between the scooter and 'hook' side is bonded with VHB. Should be good and secure now.|
Only time and exposure will tell now. Let the tunes play!